Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Brief Update

To everyone back home who've been asking, yes I am very much alive.

Ok end of post bye.

LOL #joking


School has started for a couple of weeks now and I've surprisingly been enjoying lessons very much. Although at the moment, it doesn't feel like I'm studying because my brain's still not used to the idea that Media and Cultural Studies is my major. I've been having a bit of a hard time adjusting my mind to look at things a certain way because media's never been much of a focus at all back in polytechnic when I was doing Tourism and Resort Management. Media to me, has always been in the back seat of whatever topic/module that I was studying and was so minor it was barely significant at all. But right now, it's taken the centre stage of things and I'm terrified that I wouldn't excel in it like I hoped. Nonetheless, lessons-wise, everything's still going good so far.

Asian party with some of the fellow SingSoc lads

Socially, I've gotten to know so many new people but none that I particularly feel close to. I'd really like to know how all these people around me make friends so easily because I sure as hell don't. For me, truly being friends with someone is like giving a part of myself away, and I don't want to be doing that so freely and easily just yet. I have, however, been finding myself hanging out with the people from the Singapore Society a lot more than I'd expected. They are, after all, my safety net and the closest thing I have to home. I'm still learning and trying to put myself out there a little more with every new person I meet, but sometimes it gets too tiring and overwhelming and I unknowingly go back to my little antisocial bubble where I'd rather not talk to anyone at all. It's basically still a work in progress.

Beautiful Sunday at Quayside with Hong Ming and Yin Kiu

What's exciting is that I've finally begun doing something that I've wanted to for the longest time - dance. Yep you read that right, I've joined the dance society in school and have been going for street classes once a week! This has been at the back of my mind for the longest time, and I've wanted to learn dance and go for dance lessons even back in Singapore. But I guess procrastination got the better of me hence why I never did it :( It's okkkkkkkk, because it's never too late to start. I might even participate in the society's annual show next year! How exciting would that be. Hey why not right, since I've been putting this off for so long, it's time to give it my all, regardless of whether I'm good at it or not.

My dance partner in crime! Wouldn't have done it without her encouragement :)

Maybe this update wasn't very brief after all.

No comments: