Monday, September 8, 2014

D-5

I didn't think I'd have problems leaving this place and the people behind to pursue an overseas education. I knew I'd miss the people back home, I just didn't know how much.

Over the past week, I've been meeting up with friends to catch-up because chances are it'll be a whole year before I would be able to see any of them again. Knowing that the lunch, dinner and supper sessions I've had lately would be the last time I see these faces for the longest while - it truly breaks my heart. I'll miss out on birthdays and enlistment and POP and ORD and the frequent supper sessions and other fun and important stuff sobz I'm so sad now.

For a long time, I've always seen myself as emotionally detached to the people around me. Even though deep, deep, deeeeeeeep down I know I love these people to bits, I just didn't think I'd have a problem leaving them. Afterall, it's not like I'll be gone forever right? It's just a year right? I may not have many friends, but the few that I do, I hold super close to my heart. But right now, one year suddenly seems incredibly long.

No comments: