Sunday, August 25, 2013

Food: Au Chocolat at Marina Bay Sands

Located at a corner of Marina Bay Sands just above the ice-skating ring, Au Chocolat is the brainchild of the folks behind Ku De Ta and Catalunya. It is divided into two sections - a retail confectionery store as well as a bistro. Au Chocolat is a heaven for all those with a sweet tooth, especially for chocolate. Because hey, who doesn't love chocolate right? :-)

It was quite a last minute decision for Bryan and I to join Sarah, Trisha and Edmund for dinner, but it was indeed a fantastic meal and we had a blast of a time.

(Photography by Sarah/Bryan, Edits by me)

Trisha's Meat Lover Burger ($25)
Truffle Fries ($15)
Previously, I haven't had very good experience with truffle fries hence my slight apprehension at ordering this to share. But nonetheless, I heard about all the raves about how amazing they were so I figured it'd be better to try when there are others around (so i wouldn't be pressured to finish so much of it). AND BOY WAS I GLAD THAT WE ORDERED THE FRIES. The Truffle Fries smelt heavenly but not overpowering, and it was deep-fried so well with just the tinge of crispiness on the outside, but nice and chunky on the inside. However, please be warned that this portion of fries is extremely huge and it took the five of us to barely finish it.

NONETHELESS I LOVE IT AND I'M GONNA COME BACK FOR IT BABEH.

My Shellfish Fiesta Chocolate Crepe ($22)
This dish definitely does not look as appetizing as it tastes. I love the way the succulent prawns, the juicy clams and the abundance of crab meat combined with the delicious sauce to give it a huge burst of flavour that exploded in my mouth. I would say that the price for this was super worth it considering the amount of seafood you get on one crepe. However, I was a tad bit disappointed with the crepe because I failed to taste any distinct chocolate flavour to it, and could have easily passed off as a regular crepe.

Sarah's Ultimate Benedict ($22)
Edmund's Roast Chicken ($25)
Bryan's Duck Confit ($27)
Caramel Apple Skillet ($17)
The Caramel Apple Skillet was absolutely amazing with the caramelised apples coupled with the vanilla ice-cream and a sprinkle of pecans, sitting on a bed of fluffy cinnamon-y pancakes. The combination of the flavours left us wanting it so much more, and this was quickly devoured by us in a matter of minutes! I would definitely go back to Au Chocolat again just for this!

Au Chocolat
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
#01-03
2 Bayfront Avenue
Singapore 018956
www.auchocolat.com

Opening Hours
Daily: 10am - 11pm (last order at 10.30pm)

The night's #ootd!
Had a blast with this lot! Thanks for the good time :-)
Candid shot by Bryan

Slightly apprehensive about the upcoming week, because after this short one-week holiday, I'll be starting my internship soon. And the thought of that frightens me to my bones because I don't know if I'll be able to get along with people, and if I'll be able to adjust to the environment and the 9-6 lifestyle that I'll be living for the next six months.

But I am hoping for the best.

x

No comments: