Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rakuten Official Launch in Singapore


Over the past four days, I've been working at the Rakuten's official launch in Singapore as an event helper because I needed the money, and because it was really difficult to take up a properpart time job considering my travel plans over the next few months. I was also incredibly hesitant turning up on the first day because apparently everyone else there signed up for the job with their friends, while I was doing it alone. That might not have seemed like the smartest thing for me to do, considering my social skills (or lack thereof), but it definitely paid off because it forced me to open up and talk to new people and getting to know them.

      

I gave out (and ate) sooooo many Shiroi Koibito biscuits over the four days and I haven't even been to Japan yet!! I also managed to bring home two boxes of Shiroi Koibito and one box of Sakura de Langue Chat back home! There was SO MUCH LEFTOVER. Wish I could've taken a few more boxes to give to my friends :(

The sun has been out to kill over the past four days, and I'm almost positive I've gotten a shade darker. The sky was also a huge tease, often bringing storm clouds over our heads but never actually bringing rain. Standing 10 hours a day for four days was definitely not cool.



Working with fun, friendly, and helpful people always makes the work more tolerable and enjoyable :) Had a great time working with Muse Inc and I'd definitely return to help out in future events!

For now, I should really be packing for Japan. I'm flying in less than 24 hours!! Why am I so last minute!!

P/s: cherry blossoms here I come!

No comments: